Applications for 2023 are OPEN!
RISE (Redefining Individual Skills and Education) is a comprehensive mentorship programme, brought to you by the IIWC, for young professionals in the Western Cape insurance industry.
The programme pairs an experienced industry mentor with a young mentee to provide a unique career-boosting, hands-on learning experience. Imagine being able to learn from someone who is 5, 10, 15yrs ahead of you in your career who is interested and passionate about helping you get ahead - this is the power of the RISE programme.
The 2023 programme can support 15 mentees paired up individually with a mentor.
How do you benefit as a mentee?
- Direct learning from someone who started where you currently are and have build a successful career.
- Increased exposure to the industry as well as networking opportunities.
- Career advice.
- Developing the softer skills not taught at University like meeting etiquette and people skills.
- Career growth opportunities.
Why should I volunteer to be a mentor?
- Opportunity to give back to the industry and play an active role in shaping future industry leaders.
- Learn leadership and training skills.
- Networking and exposure to other mentors.
- Learn from your mentee who may have a new way of seeing things.
How much time does the programme take?
- 1/2 day kick-off training and briefing session.
- Mentor pairing event.
- At least 1Hr/month to engage with your mentor.
- Review sessions and Graduation ceremony.
To apply, please email the below documents with your Name and Surname in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional documents to be emailed to IIWC office with Name and Surname in subject line of the email:
• Detailed CV
• Nomination and motivation from Line manager and/or Nominator
• Certified copy of ID
Closing Date: 1 February 2023. Please ensure completed applications and supporting documents reach the above email address by the closing date.